Hey guys, today I am going to share the tutorial on How To Reset Windows 10 Login Password. As we all know that we keep forgetting the passwords on daily basis. But not to worry as today this problem will be long forgotten. You will just be inserting a new password and there is no need to remember the old password. Follow these steps to Reset Windows 10 Login Password
How To Reset Windows 10 Login Password
Windows Password Key has all advantages you want to try it. It can recover lost, forgotten Windows 10 administrator and user password for local account and Microsoft account. No need any advanced measures. 100% safe for your data and computer. Follow the handy steps below to reset Windows 10 login password.
Reset Windows 10 Login Password
- You need a bootable Windows 10 DVD and put it in your DVD Drive before booting.
- Open command prompt by hitting SHIFT + F10
- Here you need to make a backup of utilman.exe so copy or write the below text in command prompt.
- move d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe.bak
- Now type the following command
- copy d:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
- Now shut down your PC and remove the disk.
- Restart your PC,when you will sign in,you will see a utility button click on it. As soon as you click on it,the command prompt window will open.
- Type the following command to add a new user and a password.
- net user /add tricksandhacks prateeksharma.
- You can use your own username and password.
- In the above example-“tricksandhacks” will be your new username and “prateeksharma” will be your password, you can use your own credentials
- Now type this command to make your username as an administrator
- net localgroup administrators username /add
- Restart your PC, and login with your new user and password.
- Now open Computer Management and choose Local Users and Groups
- Select your old user, of which you forgot password and right click on it and set a new password without knowing the old password.
- Restart your PC and login to old user and delete the new user “tricksandhacks[or your username]” from computer management.
- You can restore the the old settings by following this command since utility icon becomes a command prompt:
- Now run this command
- copy c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
- Restore the utilman by the following command.
- move c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe.bak c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
That’s it, you are done. So the above article provides tutorial on How to Reset Windows 10 Login Password