WhatsApp Tricks And Hacks 2016
WhatsApp has become a major part of our daily life.However we may bring some big changes in usage of WhatsApp by following these little tricks.Have a look:
WhatsApp Hacks 2016
1. How to hide Last Seen Timestamp on WhatsApp
- In iOS, to disable Last Seen, go to Settings>Chat Settings>Advanced and Turn OFF the Last Seen Time option.
- In Android go to Settings > Account > Privacy. Here you can make changes such that your last seen can be seen only for people you set.
2. How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Messages
- On iOS, go to Settings>Chat Settings>Chat Backup> then click on the Backup nowoption.
- On Android, again go to Settings>Chat Settings> and then click Backup Conversations. This will create a backup. To backup your media content, copy the media content from the backup folder using file managers.
3. How to Set Password For WhatsApp
- You can set lock or password for WhatsApp in both Android and Blackberry operating systems. For Android, simply download the WhatsApp Lock application and configure it to set a lock or password for your Android WhatsApp application.
- For Blackberry, download and set up the Lock for WhatsApp application to set up a lock/password for your WhatsApp application.
4. Get Profile Pictures of your Contacts
To see profile pictures of your contacts, go to microSD card > WhatsApp > Profile Pictures. Here you can have all profile pictures with their mobile number as image name. You can copy them to make use of them.
4. Create Shortcuts for Contacts On Homescreen
- Take your WhatsApp contacts list, and then long-press on the contact of whose shortcut you need to appear on the home screen.
- A popup menu box will appear, and from the menu, click on the Add Conversation Shortcut button.
- Now you will see your contact shortcut on your home screen.
5. Change Background Image
To change WhatsApp background image, go to settings > Chat Settings and click Wallpaper.
6. Disable Auto download
You can disable this option from Settings > Chat Settings > Media Auto Download. If you want to completely disable auto download, make all options to No Media.
7. Delete Backup Messages and Media to save memory
If you are an Android user, Install WCleaner on your device and run it. It will automatically detect all WhatsApp files and sort them under 4 categories namely images, videos, audio and backup’s along with total space they occupied. Simply click the trash button to delete them permanently to release free space.
8. Transfer Conversation
To email a conversation, long press on conversation and select Email Conversation. You have an option to exclude media as well. Conversation will be sent as a text file.
9. Install WhatsApp on Android tablets
- First download Android apk file of WhatsApp from play store
- Next Download SRT AppGuard application on your tablet and now install them.
- Run AppGuard first and from Dashboard, Select WhatsApp and click Monitor. Once it complete monitoring the application, scroll to phone class section and disable read phone status and identity.
- Open WhatsApp normally and configure it using your Land-line. You can verify your tablet using verification code when you get a call to your land-line.
10. Chat heads like Facebook Messenger
- Download Chat Heads for WhatsApp application from Google Play Store and install it on your Smartphone.
- Run Chat Heads for WhatsApp application and click allow root access and click okwhen a popup asking to enable accessibility service.
- This will take you to accessibility settings and simply turn on Seebye Chat heads
Whatsapp Tricks 2016
11. Stats about your Messages
Using WhatStat application you can check how many messages you sent in total and to an individual person. It will also show top 5 friends you chat the most.
12. send zip, apk files
For security reasons, WhatsApp allow only images, audio and videos to transfer between contacts. Emergency situations force you to send pdf, zip and other formats. Making use of third party app like Whats Packed 2 ads you can send any files of any size via WhatsApp.
Note: Both the sender and receiver must have Whats Packed 2 ads application installed on their smartphone.
13. Restore deleted messages
- To restore deleted messages, go to microSD card using any file explorer application, navigate to WhatsApp and then to Database. Search for two files named msgstore-yyyy-mm-dd.1.db.crypt5 and msgtore.db.crypt.
- ‘yyyy-mm-dd’ represents date and ‘1’ represents that it is first backup made on that day. msgtore.db.crypt is the actual file from where all our messages are being displayed.
- Rename msgtore.db.crypt to something you like, for example rename it as whatsapp_tricks_msgtore.db.crypt
- Now look for the date before you deleted the required conversation and rename that file to msgtore.db.crypt.
- Uninstall and re-install the application. Select restore while installing WhatsApp again. This will restore all data present is msgtore.db.crypt which we renamed earlier. As a result, new database is now replaced with old database where your deleted conversation will still present.
14.Get desktop notifications for WhatsApp chats
You need to install a simple add-on called WAToolkit.
After installing it, you will see a new icon in your browser toolbar. Hover your cursor over it to see the most recently received message, or right click for more options. You’ll also notice the WAToolkit options button in your WhatsApp Web tab. The best part? WAToolkit will notify you of messages on your desktop even when Chrome itself isn’t running.
- Install WhatsApp Web on PC
- In the WhatsApp Web browser window, go to Options > Notifications and ensure that Desktop Alerts is ticked
- Install the Chrome browser extension WAToolkit
- Make sure the background notifications box is ticked.
15. Schedule Messages in WhatsApp
With [WhatsApp] Scheduler ROOT BETA, where you can schedule your message at desired date and time. It will take care of remaining things. This WhatApp trick will only work on rooted device.
16. Send private messages in bulk
- Tap the Options icon at the top right (three dots).
- Tap New broadcast
- Enter the names of all the contacts you want to send your private message to.
- Tap Create, write your message, then send it.
17. Mute annoying WhatsApp group chats
- In WhatsApp, tap the Chats tab
- Tap the group you want to mute.
- With the group open, tap the Options icon at the top right
- Tap Mute, then select the amount of time you want to mute the group for. You can also untick the Show notifications box so that you never hear from the group again until you decide otherwise.
18. Stop WhatsApp images appearing in your camera roll
- Download a file explorer, such as ES File Explorer
- Navigate to sdcard/WhatsApp/Media
- Enter the folder you don’t want shared (in this case, WhatsApp Images)
- Tap the plus button at the bottom of the screen
- Name the new folder .nomedia
That should stop any media in that folder from showing up in your camera roll.
19. Switch your WhatsApp chat history between phones
- Insert a microSD card into the device that has WhatsApp on it
- In WhatsApp, go to Settings > Chats and calls > Back up chats
- Remove the SD card and place it into your other device
- Install WhatsApp on the other device
- WhatsApp should detect the backup and prompt you to restore it, which you should do
20. Lock WhatsApp
If you’re keen to keep your WhatsApp private, you can use any number of security apps to set a passcode for the app. AppLock is a popular choice.
WhatsApp Tricks 2016.”WhatsApp hacks 2016” provides you with the best and latest whatsapp tricks and tips for 2016.